Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Just have to share one more tonight.....

Feb. 22, 1993

I want to record a  rather humorous experience regarding Brandon (who else?).  What a character he is.  Every Friday, his 2nd grad teacher, Mrs. Vieregge, sends home a progress report.  His academics are always perfect - but his behavior is a different story!

Always circled on his report is  "does not interrupt" .  Mrs. Vieregge puts stars by this, writing that he interrupts all the time and is very talkative.  Well last week, his teacher circled "does not interrupt"  and wrote that Brandon continues to  interrupts all the time  and is getting quite bossy!  I told Brandon that this week, he had better get over his talking and bossiness and bring home a perfect progress report in behavior.

Well Friday came and he got in the van.   I asked him to let me see his report.  He said:  "Well, I've got good news and bad news.  First the bad news...I didn't get a perfect report.  Now the good news...Mom, you remember that poem you wrote me for Valentine's Day where you said that I always talk a lot, but you love me and don't want me to change?  Well...guess what?  I DIDN'T!"

I tried not  my hardest not to laugh and tried to be stern about his progress report.  But he did it....he won me over and I couldn't help it.  I started to laugh and he knew once again that he had charmed his way out of trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment