Friday, December 13, 2013

Noelle........A Faithful Daughter

Last Sunday Kathryn Bolton asked the Primary children to think about their favorite Christmas carol and share why it is their favorite .  Ally Bolton raised her hand and said that her favorite carol is The First Noel because it reminds her of Noelle Rust and Noelle is a good example for her to follow. Noelle has had a significant influence on a lot of people.  Me included!

When we lived by Simplot, I remember Noelle, who was 12 at the time,  talking to me about how strict other moms of her friends were and how thankful she was that I wasn't that way.  I don't know if my parenting was the best, but as a mom, I so appreciated that conversation.  I remember thinking what on earth could Noelle ever do that would require me to lay down the law with her.  She  governed herself in the manner that she saw fit and I  agreed with that manner. She was a valiant little girl who grew up to be a valiant woman.

 During an unsure time in Noelle and Eric's courtship, Noelle called me.  She told me that she was okay because she and Heavenly Father had gotten really close  and she talked with him all the time regarding her and Eric's future. She was totally without fear or frustration/   She had complete peace and knew everything would be alright. As her mom, I was humbled and very grateful for  Noelle's spiritual maturity and reliance on her Heavenly Father. Noelle lives her life in such a way as to always be strengthening her faith, so when that power is needed, it is there.  

I have learned much from this daughter.  Feelings of peace surround her.  She is calm and comforting.  She is even and sure.  Indeed; she is a good example for all of us to follow.  

Happy Birthday dearest daughter.  Twenty-three years ago, our lives were "brightened" with your spirit. You continue to brighten my life today.  I am so proud of what you have accomplished and more importantly, who you are.  I love you.  Mommy


   

No comments:

Post a Comment