So I have been asked to teach and Adult Religion Class for our Stake, and have been doing so for one month now. I use the term "teach" loosely! I have been enlightened and joyfully share two pretty significant principles that have taken on new meaning and commitment in my life as a result of this opportunity:
* Conversion is a wonderful process of ups and downs; experiencing new beginnings again and again and moving past the past.
* The spiritual gift of revelation is the foundational gift of all other spiritual gifts. The heavens are open to me and to you as we seek, obtain and apply the gift of revelation. Here is how:
1. Desire. Just start with a genuine desire to receive personal revelation. "Desire dictates our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on detemine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming". Elder Dallin H. Oaks
2. Pray with real intent and an honest heart regarding your desire.
3. Be mindful of impressions to both your heart and your mind.
4. Act upon impressions as you have been directed.
5. Express gratitude, and continue to "apply unto it".