Saturday, January 2, 2016

My People

I was saying my morning prayer and discussing with Heavenly Father what I hoped for in 2016.  As I did so, I had a very specific thought enter into mind: "Write in your blog".

After I concluded in this particular interaction with Heavenly Father, I opened up an unmarked, cheap copy of the Book of Mormon and started reading, still with that particular thought that had been impressed upon me concerning my blog.

* I have missed  my daily readings from the Book of Mormon.  I have been consumed with the Old Testament for the past 5 months and although I have enjoyed it immensely, I have felt the nudgings of the Spirit to include the truths and teachings of the The Book of Mormon in my daily study.  And so this morning, I began my study with 1 Nephi 1:1.

I did not have to read very far to have the spirit open my mind and heart.  Verse 5:  "Wherefore it came to pass that my father, Lehi, as he went forth prayed unto the Lord, yea, even with all his heart, in behalf of his people."  My eyes and mind focused in on  the phrases: "with all his heart" and  "in behalf of his people" and I circled them. As I contemplated those phrases for a few seconds  I thought back to my morning pray with Heavenly Father.

I had prayed in behalf of Derrick & Brittney, Daniel & Emily, Noelle & Eric, with all my heart, thanking  Father for their wisdom, goodness and love as they continue to raise their sweet little children, I expressed gratitude in knowing my grandchildren are nurtured and cared for by amazing parents, all who are my people. JOY!

I had prayed in behalf of Travis and Holly, my people who are far from me.  With all my heart, I asked for Heavenly Father to protect them, bless them, and bring them back home to me when they have accomplished what they have set out to do.  I thanked Heavenly Father for their goodness and soundness of mind  to make those decisions that are best for them in a land that is far away.  I prayed in behalf of them as I thanked Heavenly Father for those good people who have opened their homes and hearts to them.  PEACE!

I had prayed in behalf of Brandon and Natalie, again my people, who I perceived, have been abundantly blessed with success and new beginnings of sort at this time in their lives.  With all my heart, I thanked Heavenly Father for blessing them with progression, newness and a desire to do hard things to bring about a great future and life.   GRATITUDE!

I had prayed for Hannah and dad and myself, thanking Heavenly Father that we still have our Hannah at home to help dad and I transition to what will be a new phase of our lives.  During that prayer, I spent a few precious moments thinking of my Hannah, how I loved her, trusted her and found so much joy from her.  I told Heavenly Father how blessed I was to have  Jared and reiterated what Hannah had told me late last night concerning her dad and how he had cleaned up the kitchen and had bought New Years Eve food so that she and her friends could celebrate at our house. She expressed her love for him to me as she shared her thoughts. Such a simple act, but so far-reaching in what it meant to her.   With all my heart, I expressed my love for him and his goodness and thanked Heavenly Father that he and Hannah are my people and still with me. HOPE!

And so today, at the beginning of this new year, I write that my children may know that your mother, me, will continue to go forth and pray unto the Lord, even with all my heart, in behalf of each of you. You are my joy, peace, gratitude, hope and people!!  How I love each one of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment