Dear family, it is that time of year when we have the amazing opportunity to know what is on the mind of the Lord regarding us as a church and more importantly, us as His individual child. To better prepare us to receive that revelation please consider these ideas for General Conference.
* Make a list of questions or concerns you would like help with. Ponder and pray about your list, asking to receive guidance during conference.
* Get a good night's sleep so you can be alert and awake for general conference.
* Attend, watch, or listen to all the sessions of conference; men, include the priesthood session.
* Listen carefully and intently. Be especially ready to receive answers to your questions-whether your answers come from talks, prayers, songs, or promptings from the Spirit.
* Consider writing down what the Spirit teaches you or some specific things we are counseled to do, not just the exact words of the conference speakers.
* Sing the congregational hymns, even if you watch or listen to conference at home.
* MAKE CONFERENCE SANDWICHES OF SOME SORT TO CARRY ON THE SKOUSEN TRADITION!!!!
General Conference unities us with the Lord. General Conference unites us as a family. May we all watch to receive personal revelation and cherish this opportunity. Love you all. Mommy