Saturday, November 5, 2011

There's No Day Like A "Holly"Day!

Tomorrow we will celebrate the birth of our 7th child. I remember that morning 16 years ago, quite vividly. I got up around 4:00am, anxious,unable to get comfortable, and on point. Soon after waking, my water broke and thus started the events of Holly's entry into the world.

Let me tell you about my Holly. I remember very little of her babyhood; there aren't many pictures of her as a child..........those were very busy, stressful years for me, and I was in survival mode. But Holly was my survival. She brought immeasurable joy and calmness to my heart. So often I would be exhausted and just grateful for the opportunity to sit down and take her in my arms and hold her.

Holly has always been valiant, true, and never wavering in her standards. She is constant......so constant, and I love how I can always count on Holly to make the right judgments. Because she is immovable, I have learned from her and sought to follow her example more diligently. I love how she has learned to stand up for righteousness even when the best of her friends try to convince her she is being ridiculous or over-reacting. Holly does not esteem herself to be better than her friends, but she fights for her purity and righteousness at all times and in all things and places. We would all be wise to follow her example.

My favorite Holly time is when she is laughing; not just a giggle here and there, but a full, throw her head back and laugh out loud. It is so cute and contagious. Her eyes dance and she just comes to life. I also love to hear her sing. She has a throaty, ethnic-sounding voice and can be heard throughout the entire house. It will be a sad, sad day for me when I don't hear that amazing voice.

I received a phone call the other day from Nancy Koehler. ( She employs both Holly and Hannah to clean her house). Nancy told me she just had to call and let me know how wonderful it was to have them both at her home working together at the same time. She had concerns that there would be arguing, goofing off, or other problems but she was amazed with their relationship. She commented on how much they enjoyed being with each other and how sweetly Holly taught Hannah what to do. This is not just a one time thing or for show. Holly treats Hannah with respect as a sister, but more importantly, as a friend.

So I wish to you, my sweet daughter, a wonderful, happy 16th birthday. Sixteen years of life has molded you into a genuinely extraordinary individual. I tell you how beautiful you are all the time....cause you really are, but I am not just talking about outside beauty. Your greatest beauty is found in who you are on the inside. I can hardly wait to see what you do with the next sixteen years. You, dear Holly, will do amazing things. Love you so much. MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment